Thursday, February 4, 2010

Some pictures from the first couple of days here wandering the streets

I just wanted to prove that I beat Spider Solitaire with 4 suits while uploading pictures onto here... no big deal.
I temporarily lost my sense of direction one evening and ran into this pretty building. So I took a picture.

This is what I get to stare at while walking down the street everday!


This is the Torre Del Oro, The Tower of Gold. It had a gold roof or something back in the day? I don't really remember, you could Google it, if you really wanted to know its purpose.



This is the Puente de Triana, The bridge of Triana. It connects Arenal, my neighborhood, to Triana. Triana is on the other side of the river, it is the "newer" part of town. It definitely not as pretty and doesn't have the beautiful architecture that the East side of the river has to offer.




Another view of the Puente de Triana. And the palm trees.




Plaza Del Salvador, right across the street from my school. On the other side of the plaza, there are several small bars with many bar height tables that people stand at outside. The plaza becomes crowded around 12:00 noon, and around 8:00 pm. Everyone enjoys a glass of beer or wine before lunch, which is usually served around 3:30, and before dinner, which is usually served around 9:30 pm.











No comments:

Post a Comment